26 Feb THE NEW CREATION
BIBLE STUDY OUTLINE : WEDNESDAY 24th FEBRUARY 2016
FEBRUARY THEME: RENEWED
TOPIC: THE NEW CREATION
TEXT: Eph. 4:17-32, Col. 3:5-10, 2Cor. 5:5-17, Rom 6:4-13
– To allow the emergence of the new man in our lives.
– Maintain victory over flesh (old nature)
– To walk with the New man (Creation)
INTRODUCTION: Every human displays the kind of nature that is in them. (John 3:6, Matt. 7:18; 12:33b). This is because you cannot give what you do have. In our previous study, we examined the nature of sin and its manifestations as it corrupts and kills man through deception. Renewed and conscious knowledge about the new life of Christ in us and its daily and deliberate application in our lives will bring total freedom from sin and its producer, who? _____ Rom. 6:4-7.
A. EMERGENCE OF THE NEW CREATION (John 10:10, Rom. 5:17, Is. 53:5-6, 2 cor. 5:14-17).
The devil gave us a sinful life, but Jesus brought new life to us by putting upon Himself all our sins, He died to them on the cross, resurrected in victory over the sin’s producer so that WE can have and live the life fashioned in the likeness of God and not self. Hence, our old life (will, lust, desire, comfort, taste, e.t.c) died and Jesus became our life. Our outer body remains but the nature that operates on the inside changes.
HOW TO BECOME A NEW CREATION
- New birth 2Cor. 5:17, Eph. 4;22
- Baptism into Christ (His death and resurrection) Rom. 6:4, Gal. 3:26-27
- Die daily 1Cor. 15:31, Col 3:5, Titus 2:11-12
- Putting on the New man daily2Cor. 4:7-11,16
B. ATTRIBUTES OF THE NEW CREATION
These are beyond itemisation, because if you have known attributes of the Old (sinful) nature, the opposites are the characteristics of the new creation.
- Fruits of the Spirit show new life in Christ. Gal 5; 22-23.
- New creation is created in Righteousness and True Holiness after God’s image Eph.; 4;24
- His status remains the same but it is renewed in knowledge to be like God. Col.; 8:10
- It is crucified to the world system Gal. 2:20, 6:14-15, John 14:30 – Discover more: Eph. 4:25-32.
C.RENEWAL OF THE NEW LIFE
The new man is a nature which is ever in the process of being renewed, sanctified, regenerated or remodelled into a more perfect state in Christ. Unlike the old self who degenerates.
The renewal of this new life brings growth and every individual has a role to play to ensure newness in his or her life.
Take-in the Word of God.HEB. 4; 12-13, John 17:17, Rom. 12:12. It alters our mindset, changes our inner system, and creates in us a new way of thinking and doing things. New man lives, grows and gets renewed with the Word, so focus your mind on it.
- Live the life of Christ and throw away the decision made by flesh. Eph. 4:20, Col. 2:16, Phil 4:8.
- Journeying from Faith to love 2 Pet. 1:5-9
- Praying and fasting. Luke 4:1-4.
- By preaching the Word of reconciliation to others 2Cor. 5:18-20
Friends, if you have accepted Jesus Christ, you have your spirit regenerated, but what keeps that status of new creation is not just an event of the day you said I surrender but a continuous living to please God. Living the life of Christ daily will put flesh to death and make you take His cross (Rom. 8:12-15, 2Cor. 4:7-11, 16)
”Every step of death to this world is a step to life in Christ.”
QUOTE: The solution to prayerlessness is to pray. Feed your faith always, your fear will starve to death. Living the life of a New creation is to die daily to the old man. ”I choose to die daily to_____.”