25 Sep TAKE HEED TO THYSELF Pt. 1
Sunday 25th September, 2016
Pastor Timilehin Odeyale
Text: 1st Timothy 1:1-20; Deut 11:16
when we say ‘take heed’ is it a command or an instruction? It depends on the tone used.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
Your level of success is dependent on your level of preparation. There is a need for you to pay close attention to yourself so that in the end God doesn’t end up saying He doesn’t know us.
Your coming to church shouldn’t be a routine. there must be Christ in you before He becomes your hope of glory.
Reflect on the things that will disqualify from getting to Heaven. You need to take heed for no one knows when they will die.
Areas of Your Life to Pay Attention to
- Your Character (Matthew 7:16-17): The first thing that happens when you give your life to Christ is that He resides in you. If Christ is in you, your character has to be Christ-like. Your character exhibits things within you.
- Your Thought.
- Your Lifestyle: you need to pay attention to the way you live your life
- Guard your Speech (James 1:26): whatever you say is as a result of what you have in your mind
- Your relationship with people.
- Your dressing (1 Corinthians 6:19-20): If you are the temple of the Most High God, there is a way you have to dress.